Practice Areas

Immigration Law

Immigration can be a complex world. With local, provincial and federal bodies offering programs and services, it can be hard to navigate the systems and know what option is best for you, and how to apply. At de Bakker Law, we provide consultations and assistance with applications to visit, study, work and stay in Canada permanently. Our Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant (RCIC) is licenced through the College of Immigration Consultants of Canada (CICC).

Give us a call

Many people choose Canada as their destination to visit, study, work and stay. With such a vast country holding good job opportunities and quality education at all levels, many are attracted to come here temporarily and/or permanently. Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) processes all applications to come to Canada. IRCC sees a record number of applicants applying to come to Canada and the numbers are growing every year.

Client Intake Form

Studying in Canada

Travelling to Canada to study, and bringing your family? Canada allows dependents (spouse and children) to accompany you while you study at a post-secondary DLI. Your spouse is eligible for an open work permit, and in most cases your children are exempt from tuition fees at primary schools. They are eligible to work, study and/or visit for the same duration as your studies.

Visiting Canada

Canada attracts visitors from around the globe. Whether you wish to visit family members with temporary or permanent status in Canada, or else take in the sights of this beautiful country, we welcome visitors across all provinces and territories. Visitors wanting to come to Canada require a temporary residency visa (TRV) or Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) for visa-exemption foreign nationals. Most visitors are permitted to stay for up to 6 months at a time and visit anywhere across Canada. Applicants must have a valid passport and demonstrate proof of finance to apply.

Working in Canada

Canada is seeing labour shortages across the country. According to Statistics Canada, we are at an all-time low unemployment rate with many job opportunities available for newcomers. Many people are deciding to work and take advantage of these job opportunities. There are various ways to obtain a work permit to work in Canada

Living in Canada

Express Entry is a federal pathway to permanent residency. This program accepts applicants from anywhere in the world. Invitations to apply for permanent residency are distributed based on a comprehensive ranking system. Points are awarded based on your education, work experience, age, English proficiency and other factors. Express Entry has four streams (pathways); Federal Skilled Worker, Federal Skilled Trades Program, Canadian Experience Class and a portion of the Provincial Nominee Program.

Family Sponsorship

If you are in Canada and over 18 years old, you can sponsor your relatives to come to Canada. You can sponsor your spouse and/or children, parents or grandparents, and other relatives. Applicants must meet a certain criteria depending on what family member they wish to sponsor. Proof of funds and financial commitment is required for all streams.

Frequently Asked Questions

Costs can vary depending on your reason for immigration. For example, if you’re just visiting, IRCC offers a Super visa for those wanting to visit their children or grandchildren in Canada for a longer period of time. These visas are issues for 10 years with multiple entries, in which visitors can stay for up to 5 years at a time.

Cost: $100
Approximate Processing Time: 12 Weeks

For more information on your specific situation, give us a call.

As with most things related to immigration, this directly depends on your personal situation and what you aim to do in Canada. Give us a call for a quick breakdown of what your costs might look like.

Call Now

While Canada is a generally simple country to immigrate to, the process can take some time. The best choice you can make is to hire a Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant (RCIC) to make sure the process is completed as quickly and efficiently as possible, and to avoid making any costly mistakes in your applications. Give our RCIC, Jennifer Hay, a call today!

Read Articles related to Immigration Law
Visit the blog